Make It Monday #260

This week’s Make It Monday challenge over on Nichole Heady’s blog was “From Black and White to Color“. ย This is a technique I see often and love, but hadn’t tried before. And the main challenge for me was finding a Papertrey Ink stamp set that had outline stamps I could use! Haha!

Untitled

For this card, I used the Vintage Linens set with some watercolor paint. I stamped the flowers and sentiment onto a piece of watercolor paper with Versafine pigment ink and heat embossed them with clear powder. Then I cut out the vertical panel and painted the flowers. I adhered the side strips to my card base, and then used some craft foam to make the vertical panel pop out.

Short and quick today. I got happy mail yesterday and more is coming today, and I want to play! Thanks for stopping by and see you next time!

 

Make It Monday #259

This past week’s Make It Monday challenge over on Nichole Heady’s blog was Ombre Cluster Stamping. Love me some ombre! I made two cards using this technique, expanding from a cluster to just full on background because I could never get a composition that I was happy with.

Untitled

For the first card I used some of the details stamps from Papertrey’s Bloomers set. ย I got this set before I really had a good selection of inks, so I haven’t actually used it much. But I thought it would be fun to use this particular detail stamp (and its smaller siblings) because they kind of looked like fireworks, which goes well with the whole celebration theme of the card. Yes, let’s pretend I planned it that way. ๐Ÿ™‚

Untitled

I stamped with a trio of Hero Arts Shadow Ink dye ink cubes in Red Royal, Pale Tomato (my current fave), and Fresh Peach. I trimmed the 4-bar card down a smidge on the long edges and then ink blended these colors on another piece of 4-bar sized card stock. I also die cut the little banner and ink blended the Red Royal onto it and heat embossed the sentiment.

For the second card, I made another 4-bar sized panel using the flowers and leaves from Graceful Greetings II. I stamped them with dye ink from My Favorite Things in Poppy, ย Coral Crush, Gumdrop Green, and Sour Apple. I stamped a sentiment from the set in VersaFine and heat embossed it. Then I cut the panel down using a stitched rectangle die and adhered it to a 4-bar card base.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. See you next time!

Make It Monday #248

This week’s Make It Monday challenge over on Nicole Heady’s blog involves ink blending through a die-cut stencil. Part of the challenge for me was to use a die set that I don’t reach for very often, so 3I flipped through my PTI sets more than a few times before settling on the Scene It: Mountain View set.

Untitled

After die-cutting with velum, I first blended the kraft ink mountains, followed by the trees using Distress Ink in Pine Needles. I then took a white jelly roll pen and added “snow” to the trees. I die cut the scene with a stitched circle, slightly off center. Then I stamped and cut the station wagon and trailer and mounted them with foam tape.

Untitled

Then I chose a couple of patterned papers from one of my card kits and cut fishtail flags for layering and stamped the “explore nature” sentiment (from SSS One with Nature). I took the leaf outline stamps from that SSS set and stamped onto my kraft card base using kraft ink. Finally I added some twine and layered the pieces together.

Very nature-y. I can already smell the campfire and the s’mores.

Two-toned happy

Happy

Hi crafters! Today’s card was inspired by PTI’s Make It Monday Challenge using two-toned stamped sentiments. This is definitely not a technique I’ve done before, which is one of the many reasons I love the Make It Monday challenges. I’m always learning something new.

My card features an ombre “watercolor” background using Pure Poppy and Berry Sorbet dye inks from Papertrey Ink, die-cut with the chevron cover-up from My Favorite Things. Oh, chevron and ombre, you complete me. I also added die-cut and stamped flowers from the Vintage Linens stamp set. I used black and white for the two-toned sentiment, but I’d like to see how it looks using Pure Poppy and white.

Happy

One thing I learned with this technique is that I need more cover-ups/cover plates/stencils/etc! Yep.